Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The First Day of School




The kids started school yesterday.  They were so excited.  We dropped them off at 7:45 and I picked them up at 2:45pm.  They came out of  class and Nicolas was yelling, "School tomorrow," in spanish.  They were very happy and the teachers said it was a good day.  We decided to send them to school right away because they were in school in Colombia and loved it.  They are extremely social kids.  They play well with others and need to be exposed to as much English as possible.  They are learning so much already.  Diana is picking up on things that I say and repeating them to Nicolas.  Everyday our communication is getting better.  Nicolas is starting to express himself more without Diana.  The other day he was trying to tell us he wanted to play the Doctor Game. (Operation)  We all thought he was saying that he needed to go to the doctor and get more shots.  His gestures looked like injections, but he was acting out the tweezers taking the parts out on his own body.  Even Diana did not know what he was asking.  Mami was the winner and figured out what he was asking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that school went well! They seem so happy! I love the pictures!

Kristen

Chris and Mary said...

I was amazed at how well it went. I am so happy, even though I know they will mainly be learnig English this year. I think the teachers are feeling pressured and I keep reasuring them that I am a teacher and I understand. I don't expect miracles.

Renee said...

cute!