Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Daze

The kids are enjoying summer. We have traveled quite a bit and done alot of fun things - swimming is their #1 fun thing to do. They are adjusting and attaching more and more every day. One of the amazing things is how quickly they are learning English. They almost always speak full English sentences to us. In fact, Diana does not want us to speak Spanish to her in public. And the funniest thing to me happened on Mother's Day. I took them to Kroger to get some flowers for Mary. We stood looking at boxes full of Roses, and I realized that like most flowers sold in the US they were all from Colombia. I thought that would be special for them. I asked Diana, "Where are you from?" I figured she would say "Colombia" and I was going to pull out some flowers and let her see the Colombia on the tag. I said "Where are you from?" and she answered "Mississippi." There you go.
The pictures are of their recent trip to Indiana.

3 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

What a fabulous story! Glad to hear that things are going well, progressing and happiness abounds!

Traci
CHI Mami

Dan and Karen said...

What sweet, happy faces! Our boys think that swimming is the best thing to do too. Plus it gets them ready for bed! :)

Karen

Renee said...

Wonderful pictures. Reckless abandon. Love it.