Monday, February 1, 2010

Papi Day

Today was Papi Day. Mami was so sick when we got home and she had to go to the doctor early Monday morning. We were anxious to see how this would go. Papi can leave because he usually brings back food. But, Mami cannot even close the door to go to the bathroom without knocking on the door her name being called over and over. So, I got up and got ready to go to the doctor. Chris was up and had yogurt waiting for the hungry ninos. Then I took over and got them in the shower and dressed while Papi got dressed. Then they joined Papi for his morning walk with our dog Gal. Today they went to the neighbors to feed apples to the horses. I finished getting ready and had fruit and pigs in blankets (left by our church ladies) waiting for the rest of their breakfast. Then they wanted to go to church. So, Papi took them to church and they wanted to have Mass. So, Papi called a student to translate and let them know that we have church only on Sunday and Wednesday. (Papi is the pastor of an Independent Methodist Church.) Meanwhile, I went to the doctor and then to Walmart to fill my prescriptions and do some shopping for jeans, Leggos, a baby doll, (Diana has been making everything her baby including Nicolas, so I thought she needed a baby doll.) and some army men. (The army men were for Papi more than Nicolas.) Papi showed Nicolas how to set them up on opposing sides and take turns shooting each other's men with a rubberband.

While I was in Walmart the kids had to call and talk to me. They said, "Come home now!" So I got home as soon as I could. I expected them to be waiting and run to meet me. But, no greeting. I opened the door and saw three sleeping beauties. Papi on the floor and Diana and Nicolas on the couch. They had a big day with Papi. He took them to their school and got a tour, met their teachers and classmates, jumped on the trampoline, and had corn dogs for the first time. Papi Day was a big success. Oh, and did I mention that they cleaned their rooms, made their beds and Nicolas took out the trash with Papi's help. Wow, I like Papi Day!

2 comments:

Blessed said...

Chris and Mary,

It sounds like things are going well so far and that ya'll prepared them well for home. Mary, in a little time, hopefully you can go to the bathroom in peace (me, too!).

Chris and Mary said...

I really do think they are adjusting well. Pray for them and us as they start school.